Thursday 26 May 2011

NEW STUFF FROM SEPHORA :)

I have no idea what "DAY" I am currently on because I have lost track, but I did spend the afternoon with Rowan and Billy and Chelsea at our local mall and hit up the Sephora where I live and got some goodies :)
I shall share. Thus far I have only used two of the products so reviews will be posted later along with the in depth detes of what I think of what I have used
1: Tarte's Bronze to Go in Park Avenue Princess (Matte)
I used a little to contour my face to try it out. LOVE it!! I normally go for a more neutral tone or cool tone when I choose a bronzer but could not pass up the deal. I got it in the sample size thus "to go" but it is slightly more pink toned. I looks really lovely on. I am going to try it a few more days before I review it though so bare with me. Oh it was $15 for any one who wanted to know.

2: Make Up Forever's High Definition Powder (again sample size)

I tried this tonight as well. I am sooo undeniably one of those people that need to play with the new stuff they got as soon as they get home LOL.
Anyways it was also only $15 because it too was the smaller version but you need so little to do your entire face that I could not pass it up :)

3: Philosophy's Happy Birthday Beautiful Shampoo, Shower Gel and Bubble Bath
With my Sephora Beauty Insider card I got this as my birthday gift from the store. It smells just like cake batter, which is soo yummy. I don;t know if its for me though, I do like the scent but sweet smells like this are over bearing to me and give me a migraine sadly :( I may give this to a friend that enjoys it as well.
While there I also picked up a few samples of some foundations I wanted to try.
1: Nars Sheer Glow in Deauville
I have used this foundation in the past, but it too was a sample. It is normally $42 a bottle, so during the summer while my color changes so often I was not about to drop that much on foundation. Plus I needed to matched so sample time :) The lady there matched me to Deauville as I mentioned. It is AMAZING, again full review later
2: YSL Teint Resist #4
The associate at Sephora told me she wears this in the summer and suggested it for me. I put a little on tonight. I will post a full review after I have worn it for a few days. Sample sizes last me forever so I can stretch it and give it a few tries. I think the color is actually called Sand?  This one is normally $55
3: Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
I have heard so many rave reviews about this one. I can't wait to give it a try. I like a fuller coverage but I do not like the thick cakey feeling of foundation in the summer. I want to say this normally runs at $40, but I could be wrong.

Well that is all. I had a gift card I got for my birthday, so I do not like to blow money on frivolous things but will say that foundation should be where you spend your money. The better you take care of your skin the less you will need. So I don't mind to spend a little more on a good quality product. Anyways hope you enjoy, nothing too colorful but definitely stuff I needed :)
Have a wonderful night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment